- ALL release requests must come via the online form due to OSIG audit requirements. Emailed forms cannot be accepted.
- All release requests must have either the 3rd party vendor quote or the vendor's eVA punchout screenshot attached, as per OSIG audit requirements. Any release request without this supporting documentation will be denied due to insufficient information
- If you do not receive an answer back, please check your spam folder.
- For any questions on release issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
gov. Please do NOT email vcereleaserequest@vadoc. virginia.gov, as this is an unmonitored email account.
THE RELEASE REQUEST PROCESS
Please note: If the form is not working, please try in Chrome instead of Internet Explorer.
- Visit the VCE web site and search for the desired items. Note: Every VCE item is not always displayed on the website. Please contact your VCE sales representative to discuss desired items before submitting a Release Request.
- Complete the electronic release form. Note: the VCEReleaseRequest@vadoc.virginia.gov email is no longer functional.
- Supporting documentation must be uploaded with every Release Request, including a complete description of the product and a valid quote or actual cost of the item. The required documentation is enumerated in "§ 53.1-48.
- Incomplete "Release Forms" will not be processed.
- Generally, the review will be completed within 72 hours (3 working days) of the initial receipt of the release.
VCE provides more than 1,300 inmates, working in different plants throughout the Commonwealth, jobs and work skills to help them successfully re-enter society.
VCE provides the following direct benefits through our “Inmate Job Program”
- Virginia’s tax dollars are used to dual advantage in the purchase of quality products and services that fund a Job Program.
- A Job Program that provides inmates marketable job skills.
- A manufacturing and production operation that is self-funded.
- Wages earned by inmates help pay for court imposed fines, costs, forfeitures, restitution or penalties, court costs, and child support.
- A work environment emphasizing challenge, opportunity, quality, and dedication to this mission.
Code of Virginia
The following from the Code of Virginia provides the legal basis, justification, requirements, and responsibilities for the issuance of a “Release”:
§ 53.1-47. Purchases by agencies, localities and certain nonprofit organizations.
This section describes who should purchase from Virginia Correctional Enterprises: …
..by all departments, institutions and agencies of the Commonwealth which are supported in whole or in part with funds from the state treasury for their use or the use of persons whom they assist financially. Except as provided in § 53.1-48, no such articles or services shall be purchased by any department, institution or agency of the Commonwealth from any other source.
§ 53.1-48. Exceptions as to purchases.
Exceptions as to purchases outlines three (3) reasons that are appropriate for VCE to grant a release:
- the article so produced or manufactured does not meet the reasonable requirements of the department, institution or agency,
- an identical article can be obtained at a verified lesser cost form the private sector, which is evidenced by a verified request for pricing, or
- the requisition made cannot be complied with on account of an insufficient supply of the articles or supplies required, or otherwise.
RELEASE REQUEST HELP
Below are some things you can try if you are having problems entering a Release Request
- Try a different browser(Google Chrome is recommended)
- An earlier version of the page is loading. Clear your browsers cache by : Pressing Ctrl + Shift + r keys to load the current version of the page.
- On your computer, open Google Chrome if needed.
- At the top right, click on the three vertical dots/vertical ellipsis and then Settings.
- At the bottom of the page that is opened, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Turn on Allowed if it's not selected(recommended).